Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy Meh Year



A new year is upon us. Big deal. (This post will be a little scattered; bear with me.)

Last night, as midnight approached, just one thought ran through my head: " I will not cry, I will not cry, I will not cry." Moments like midnight, when everyone is kissing, and hugging, are when I miss him most. I miss him all day long, everyday, like a dull ache in my chest, but those moments feel like a hot poker pressed on me. It sucks, it fucking sucks, and there isn't no other way around it. Sigh. 364 days to find a date for next New Year's.

Last week, I was in Houston, for a college football Bowl game featuring my alma mater, Rutgers University. I had a great time in Houston, hanging out with friends, getting to eat the local cuisine, and cheering my team to victory. The three days were over way too fast, but you know what they say about time flying when you're having fun, and all that jazz. Now, I have a trip to New Orleans to look forward to in April.

I was just watching "Prince of Egypt" (yes, I will watch any lame ass movie that comes on my tv), and a line in it spoke to me: "they can take everything away from us, except faith." I may have "lost everything", but I'll be damned if I lose my faith: faith in that life will get better (even if the changes are too small to see), faith that I will love again, faith that someone will love me again, faith that I am not destined to die old and alone, with my 6 (hypothetical - I don't have them yet) cats.

Faith. It's all I have right now. But maybe it's all I need.

2 comments:

oakleyses said...

tory burch outlet, michael kors outlet online, nike air max, louis vuitton, michael kors outlet, tiffany and co jewelry, michael kors outlet online, nike free, louis vuitton handbags, nike shoes, louis vuitton outlet online, kate spade outlet online, michael kors outlet online, tiffany jewelry, christian louboutin shoes, kate spade handbags, ray ban outlet, burberry outlet online, longchamp outlet online, michael kors outlet online, burberry outlet online, coach purses, christian louboutin outlet, coach outlet, nike air max, longchamp outlet, longchamp handbags, polo ralph lauren, louboutin shoes, prada outlet, oakley vault, coach outlet store online, ray ban sunglasses, jordan shoes, coach outlet, oakley sunglasses, cheap oakley sunglasses, gucci handbags, michael kors outlet store, polo ralph lauren outlet, louis vuitton outlet, red bottom shoes, chanel handbags, prada handbags, louis vuitton outlet

oakleyses said...

timberland shoes, hollister clothing, converse shoes, karen millen, moncler, louboutin, juicy couture outlet, air max, ray ban, wedding dress, moncler, parajumpers outlet, canada goose uk, hollister, montre femme, supra shoes, converse, canada goose, toms outlet, canada goose outlet, gucci, canada goose pas cher, coach outlet, nike air max, iphone 6 case, canada goose outlet, canada goose, vans, canada goose outlet, oakley, moncler, moncler, ugg, lancel, ralph lauren, hollister canada, baseball bats, juicy couture outlet, louis vuitton canada, moncler, replica watches, canada goose, moncler outlet, moncler, ugg boots, uggs canada